Students eligible to receive this funding are:
• students entitled to free school meals (FSM)
• students that have been entitled to FSM during the last six years (Ever6)
• children in care or looked after (LAC)
• services children
The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying gaps in attainment between these groups of students and their peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
We have an overarching policy that sets out the principles of our response to this challenge:
Each year we publish a report for parents and governors on:
- how we spent Pupil Premium funding in the last school year
- the impact of the funding on closing the gap between pupil premium and non-pupil premium students
- our plans for spending Pupil Premium funding in the current school year
Our current report will be published in October 2017.