Join our dynamic and vibrant Sixth Form
Our latest Ofsted report (January 2016) stated the following regarding Astley Community High School Sixth Form:
“Learners in the sixth form thrive. They make good progress in lessons and are very well prepared for the next stage of their education.”
“Leaders and managers have transformed the quality of educational provision at the school. Resolute and determined, they have maintained a relentless focus on improving standards and tackling weakness.”
Key points from the Ofsted report:
- Leadership and management of the sixth form are good.
- In external examinations, learners make good progress from their actual starting points.
- Inspectors saw learners making good or better progress in all subjects as a result of good teaching which at times was inspirational.
- Great care is taken to ensure that learners’ study programmes match their abilities, interests, aspirations and career plans.
- Learners applying for apprenticeships or moving directly into employment are well supported.
You will find more information in our Sixth Form Prospectus